Friday, April 14, 2006

Spring is here, finally.

OK. It's been fairly warm the last few days. On Tuesday, I rode to work, then rode at lunch with Jim. Still a bit nippy in the morning, but I have been able to do without a neck fleece and just a windshell over a jersey. Riding at lunch totals up to about 24-35 miles for the day when added on to the commute. On Wednesday, the commute absolutely sucked once I got close to town because the road crews were out working in the shoulders. The bridge was plain dangerous on the way home because they had swept the sidewalks off into the roadway, thus rendering the bridge shoulderless. It got a little tight near the end of the bridge and I got tapped by a pickup that was crowding me on the edge. Luckily they swept the shoulders overnight and now the roadway should be better than before. The wind has been up the last few days. Yesterday it rained so no riding. I did do some drivetrain cleaning. I can hear the grit in there when I crank it around so I think I'm going to have to disassemble the drivetrain and give it a good deep cleaning. Today's lunch ride was pretty good, sunny, warm, slight breeze. Ordered up a new seatpost and saddle. This should let me get my saddle height up to where it needs to be and we're adding a little bit of cool factor since it's carbon fiber. The saddle is sort of TT style with a wider nose, I think I'll like that. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment