Thursday, April 6, 2006

Pretty cold

Anticipating one day of decent weather between days of snow/rain/cold I decided to take advantage of one day of just cold. I bundled up with a short and long-sleeve jersey, my , shorts, untights, windjacket, hat, neck fleece and full finger gloves. It was 30 deg F when I left, pretty nippy for a ride. I warmed up after the first hill and by the time I got to Sparrow Farm, I actually stopped to take off my neckwarmer. Crossing the bridge was a little hairball. I was fairly far back in the line of traffic at the light so we were steaming right along by the time I had to make the turn. I probably should have waited for the next cycle.

Ride home was pretty good, it was warmer than on the way in. I met up with my friend the North Wind, for a fairly stiff headwind towards the end, but the highlight was the car that cut me off to cross in front of me to get in her driveway instead of just waiting a moment to let me cross. She realized how stupid it was to turn across me when she saw just exactly how close we were. If I did not jam on the brakes, I would have ridden right into her door. I could see by the look on her face that she would likely not do that again. Le Tour 2005 disc 1 was waiting for me at home. So I finally get to see Robbie McEwan's head butt, Zabrieski's ill-fated crash, Lance passing Jan in the TT, and some of the other priceless moments that happend early in the Tour last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment