Thursday, April 20, 2006

Dry mouth

Haven't ridden in a few days for stupid mundane reasons. Very windy today. Ride in this morning was good. First morning ride with shorts. I wore my wind shell, but didn't really need it. It was about 50 degrees. Got pretty warm by the time I reached town. I stopped a few miles in to adjust my saddle, this was also my first ride on a new saddle and seatpost combination. I love the seatpost, my first carbon fiber purchase. The saddle is nothing special, but I think will be quite comfortable once I get it in the right place. The combination is 80 grams lighter than before, or roughly equivalent to two sips on a water bottle.

Ride at lunch was pretty good a felt a good pace in my legs, though I seem to have pulled a muscle in my leg and I'm not entirely clear on what the muscle is called. Will probably get to ride tomorrow too.

The ride home was pretty brutal. It wasn't any longer, but it was a lot windier than normal. I got blown off the pavement once and into the freshly graded shoulder. That could have been bad if it weren't for the fact that the wind had already slowed me down so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment