Monday, April 10, 2006

Back in the swing

Another 35° ride this morning. Having to stop to shed layers after a few miles just can't be helped. It's just plain too cold to start out with out the extra insulation, and when the sun comes up it warms up fast. Good rides today though, I can feel a little bit of the power coming back into my legs. Tomorrow begins our lunchtime rides at work. It'll be nice to get out in the full sun and warmth of the day; they're saying it'll be 65° today.

Did a little wrenching tonight. I put my saddle little farther forward to get a little more power out of my position, and raised the handlebar via the stem quill by about an inch. I think this is going to make for a much more aerobically productive combination. When I went to raise my seatpost just a hair, I did discover that I have been riding for years with my seatpost above the minimum insert line, it seems to be a short post. That kind of sucks, but at least I have a valid excuse to get a new one...

No comments:

Post a Comment