Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Just riding in the Rain

Did a few miles on the Pirate Bike on Christmas Eve. I put my one pair of SPD pedals on that bike and it's a totally different ride. I can actually skid that bike without brakes when clipped in now. The roads are a little crappy now that they've been sanding so I'm thinking of moving up to some wider tires, probably some 32's that just so happen to be on sale at Performance.

Today it was raining so I broke out the tour bike that I recently added some Planet Bike Freddy fenders to. While the fenders were a pain in the butt to mount, they rule. No up spray, no spallter all over my legs and feet, I rode right through some long deep puddles just to see how well they worked and I have no complaints. This was the first rain ride I've ever come home clean from. I just need to finalize some drive train treatments and the Raleigh will be a fantastic foul weather bike. Tomorrow I'm going to ride to my parents house for our Chirstmas get together. Up in the air on which bike; it may snow. I'm leaning towards the Pirate Bike, but if it's real crappy I just may go back to the Raleigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment