Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Why an LBS can rock your socks

I treated myself to some new SPD pedals for the Monocog 29er using some coupons online.  In removing the old cleats and attaching the new cleats that came with them, the threaded plate that the cleats screw into had corroded and the threaded section popped right off.  Major bummer, I really did not want to ride with my flats tonight.  I called Central Wheel, over in Farmington, to see if they had the part and they did.  20 minutes later I was back in the basement screwing my cleats into new plates, which they didn't even bother charging me for!  That kind of local, immediate service is something you can never ever get from the national chain catalogs, not to mention the occasional free nut or bolt.  So major thanks to Central Wheel, they saved my ride today.

No comments:

Post a Comment